miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)

Title: The Rose Society
Author: Marie Lu
Series/Trilogy: Yes
Pages: 395

Synopsis

 

Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she flees Kenettra with her sister to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good when her very existence depends on darkness?

Personal Opinion

  
It is not common that the second book is better than the first, but Marie Lu has managed to do it. When I started to read this book I was a little afraid, but I knew that I wanted to read it and It hasn´t disappointed me, this trilogy is starting to become one of my favorites of all the time. I wouldn´t recommend you to read this if you haven´t read the first book yet, but you can check my review oThe Young Elites, go to read the book and then go back here and read this :D

How I felt when I finished the book? well, something like this...


The Young Elites was a book that I loved, it was very different to what I usually read, I mean, it is not common to have an evil main character, with feelings of vengeance and hatred, and we are used to read a main character who becomes a hero. In The Rose Society we are going to see Adelina´s evilness grow more and more; her powers have grown as much as Violetta´s powers, because they train everyday, but despite this, Adelina starts to loose control of her powers. We can also see that after be kicked out of the Dagger Society, she and her sister will flee from Kenettra and will go to search Young Elites, but Adelina has a greater goal on this book, and that was one of the things that amazed me about this book, because I didn´t know what was going to happen and I was like: oook, I never thought this!

If we compare both books, I think that this is better than the firt one, because a lot of things happen in this book and I couldn´t  stop reading, and when I did it, it was because I had to do other things, but it was a fast paced book, action packed, and there are some things that maybe we were expecting, but with some twists and a lot of things that you can only find out reading this book.

Let´s speak a little bit about the characters, I think that I like more the characters on this book than the first one, there are some characters we knew, and there are new ones. I liked that we could know more about the past of some characters, especially Lucent and Raffaele past. I think that it could be a spoiler if I say the name, but there is a character that in the beginning it wasn´t a character I liked, but when I finished the book he was one of my favorites, besides, he has a very awesome power. I liked Violetta, because she´s the one that makes Adelina to see reason  (sometimes) when nobody else can, and, again, it makes me get mad that Adelina is blind, to not trust plenty on her sister and to not see that her sister is the one who really cares about her, because all that she does is because she loves Adelina, and wants the best for her. Teren was one of the characters I hated on the first book, and I hated him on this book, but at the same time, when I was reading his chapters and I was like: man!, please have respect for yourself, and stop being the Queen´s puppet!. Now that we are speaking about Teren, I have to mention other characters I hated or I simply dislike, those are: Queen Giulietta (obviously), Lucent and a little bit The Dagger Society, Maeve and a character that I won´t mention, because it could be spoiler, but I will leave a blank space after this and you can select it to know what it says, but only if you have read The Rose Society  (       Enzo       ).


I have an issue with Adelina, I mean, yeah sometimes I didt like her decisions but I can´t hate her, neither is my favorite character, but is a character I feel so sorry for her. About the ending, I didn´t know what was Adelina planning to do, I was astonished, but at the same time I felt so sorry for her, she is a character that has suffered so much and continue suffering that I just hope she will be happy someday xD

Did you see that cover? It is a beautiful cover, isn´t it? xD haha sorry, I like wolves and I can´t help it.

I need to read the third book right now! Marie Lu has left me very intrigued and I don´t know what´s going to happen on that book, but I hope it will be even better than the second one :D The third book is going to be published on October of this year, and you cat imagine my frustration of knowing that I will have to wait a long time to read it :(

People who loved Legend Trilogy, what are you waiting for to read The Young Elites? If you loved Legend, I´m pretty sure you would like The Young Elites!

Rating

2 comentarios:

  1. Hola! Queria decirte que ya te sigo y que espero que te pases por mi blog! H estado mirando tus reseñas y por ejemplo yo tambien lei El sermon del fuego y me encanto! Espero que te pases. Un saludo desde paginasysonrisas.blogspot.com

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hola :) te recomiendo que me sigas en mi otro blog http:/www.lectorlobo.blogspot.com :D y claro, en este momento voy a ver tu blog.

    ResponderBorrar